Chrome Tap by Bodo 4232-5/8I 5/8" x 11 UNC Intermediate Chrome Tap
- Chrome Alloy UNC Bottoming Hand Tap.
- Used as thread chasers to clean an existing thread.
- They can also be used to create a new female thread in non-ferrous metals and plastics.
- Chrome alloy taps are not suitable for creating precision, safety or critical threads.
- Unified National Coarse thread form was introduced in 1948 as an attempt to standardise thread forms in the USA, Canada and the UK.
- The thread profile of UNC is the same as for metric threads and is described in the JIS B0206 standard.
- The thread is described by its major diameter and the number of threads per inch of length (TPI).
- This thread series is commonly used in the mass production of bolts, screws and nuts.
- It is used for threading into lower tensile strength materials (bronze, brass, aluminium and plastics) to obtain the best resistance to stripping of the internal thread.
- It is also used on quick assembly or disassembly or if corrosion or slight damage is possible.
- Bottoming Taps have a lead of two threads and are used to ensure minimum thread run-out when tapping to the bottom of a blind hole.
- Bottoming Taps are typically preceded by the use of a Taper or Intermediate Tap.
All orders are packaged with protection and shipped with Australia Post or via Courier for over-sized items, pallets & heavy items.
Your order will be processed within 3 Business days. Most orders are shipped within 1 business day.
SHIPPING TIMES (AUSTRALIA)
Standard 1-5 Business Days
Return & Refund
- Returns accepted for 30 days
- Free return shipping
- No restocking fee
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You are not required to pay for all associated shipping costs. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, please follow the instructions on this link:- CLICK HERE
or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at email@example.com
Damaged / Change of Mind
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right
Certain types of items cannot be returned, like perishable goods and custom products (such as special orders or personalized items). We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards. These items historically were either refunded or scrapped.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.